Revision Quiz: Jane Eyre
Welcome to our IGCSE & GCSE Revision Quiz for English Literature: Jane Eyre.
Grab a pen & pencil. Let's go!
Answers are at the bottom.
1. Who wrote Jane Eyre?
a. Charlotte Bronte
b. Emily Bronte
c. Anne Bronte
2. When was it written?
3. Jane has many ... in her life?
4. Which adjective best describes Aunt Reed?
5. Lowood school is a ... place?
6. How does Jane over come these obstacles?
a. Love, religion & patience
b. Courage, determination & wit c. Courage, aggression & cheating
7. Which element of the plot did Charlotte experience in her own life?
a. She fell in love with her boss.
b. She inherited a lot of money
c. Her 2 younger sisters died from TB.
8. Which character says this to Jane?
" If she were to turn you off, you would have to go to the poor-house."
9. Which character is portrayed as the opposite of Rochester?
b St John Rivers
10. Which 3 children bully the young Jane?
a. John, Helen & Eliza
b. John, Georgiana, &Adele.
c. John, Georgiana & Eliza
11. Who looks after the sick & homeless Jane?
b. The Rivers family
12. How does Jane become wealthy?
a. An inheritance from her Uncle.
b. By marrying Rochester
c. By investing her salary
13. What happens to Rochester when Jane first meets him?
a. He is sick
b. He falls off his horse.
c. He falls in love
14. Where does Jane go to school?
a. Thornfield Hall
c. Summer Hill
15. What is in The Red Room?
a. A ghost
b. We don't really know
c. A big spider
16. Which character portrays a truly loving & meek model of Christian behaviour?
b. St John Rivers
c. Helen Burns
17.Which contrasting motifs appear throughout the text?
a. Youth & old age
b. Technology & nature
c. Fire & ice
18. "I would truly submit to have the bone of my arm broken..."What would Jane endure this pain for?
a. True affection
b. To marry Rochester
c. To become wealthy
19. Which character hates Rochester?
20. What is Jane's reaction to Rochester's proposal?
b...Courage, determination & wit
c...2 younger sisters died like Helen
b...St John Rivers
c...John, Georgianna & Eliza
b...The Rivers family
a... Inheritance from her uncle
b...He falls off his horse!
b...We don't know for sure
c...Fire & ice
20 Fabulous! You are a sparkly star. Make some more questions of your own.
15-19 Good Job! You are a glittery star. Take the quiz again until you score 20. Then make some of your own.
Under 15 Take the quiz again until you score 20. Then make some your own questions!
Good Luck with your revision!
Contact us if you have any questions about Jane Eyre or if you would like to book a lesson with us.
LEARN CREATE SHARE