A Christmas Carol
Welcome to Brigid's Quiz
20 Questions & Answers
Click below for Free Printables Slide Show
Get a pencil & paper
1. 'A Christmas Carol' is a ...?
2. How many ghosts/spirits are there?
3, Dickens wrote 'A Christmas Carol' in 1843. Which kind of stories did Victorian families like to share at Christmas time?
a. religious tales
b. ghost stories
c. romantic stories
4. Who is Marley?
a. Scrooge's old business partner
b. Scrooge's nephew
c. Scrooge's dog
5. What does this quote tell us about Scrooge?
a. He is well dressed & rich
b. He is cold hearted
c. He doesn't have enough coal
6. What does this quote tell us about Scrooge?
a. Scrooge is hungry
b. Scrooge is good fun
c. Scrooge is bad tempered & cruel
7. Victorian England was a time of great social injustice. How many children in 1861 (under the age of 12) lived in a Workhouse?
8. Which character speaks these words?
a. Bob Cratchit
9. Which Ghost/Spirit is this?
a. The Ghost of Christmas Present
b. The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come
c. The Ghost of Christmas Past
10. What does 'genial' mean?
11.What do the characters Want & Ignorance represent?
c. Social injustice
12. Which literary technique does Dickens use in this quote?
c. Pathetic Fallacy
13. Which two literary techniques does Dickens use in this quote?
a. Simile & personification
b. Metaphor & pathetic fallacy
c. Personification & pathetic fallacy
14. Fill in the missing word
"There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as ..."
15. Fill in the missing word
"I wear the chain I forged in ..."
16 Fill in the missing word
"I will honour Christmas in my ..., & try to keep it all the year."
17. Fill in the missing word
'Old Marley was as dead as a ..."
18. This is an anagram of which character?
19. This is an anagram of which character?
20. Which character is redeemed at the end ?
a. Tiny Tim
What are you?
A high flying star on the top of the tree?
Fabulous sparkly tinsel?
An unopened present under the tree?
Thank you for playing & have a fabulous week.
LEARN CREATE SHARE
See you soon Brigid
Copyright www.brigidsenglishcenter.com Dec 2018