Welcome to our Children's Book Quiz Part One. A massive thanks to everyone who has contributed to this quiz! We had so many suggestions we have written a part 1 & 2. The correct answer is under each question. Scroll down carefully, so you don't reveal the answer too quickly!
1. Who has very long arms?
a. Mr. Bounce
b. Mr. Bossy
c. Mr. Tickle
2.Who puts on a wolf suit & makes mischief?
a. Big Bad Bun
Max in "Where the Wild Things Are"
3. In which book do 7 women wash an endless amount of grubby hankies & horrid socks?
a. Where The Wild Things Are
b. The Wild Washerwomen
c. The Invisible Smelly Sock
The Wild Washerwomen
4. Who slept for 100 years?
a. Snow white
b. Princess Jasmine
c. Princess Aurora
Princess Aurora in "Sleeping Beauty"
5. Whose back garden do Sophie & The BFG break into?
a. The Queen's
b. The King's
c. The giant's
The Queen's back garden!
6. BFG is an acronym for ...?
a. Bubble Floating Giant
b. Big Friendly Giant
c. Best Friend Giant
Big Friendly Giant!
7. What is a "ringbeller" in "Gobblefunk"?
a. A clock
b. A good dream
c. Playtime bell
A good dream!
8. What is Gobblefunk?
a. Made up words from Roald Dahl books
b. Made up words from "Alice in Wonderland"
c. Made up words from Dr. Seuss books
Made up words found in Roald Dahl books!
9. What does The BFG keep in bottles?
10. Which word is missing from this dream label "I is inventing a car that runs on......."?
b. Brussel sprouts
c. Candy floss
11. Which picture book did Hitler burn?
a. Winnie the Pooh
b. Treasure Island
c. The Story of Ferdinand
The Story of Ferdinand. Gandhi thought it was a wonderful book!
12. Who wears a tall red & white hat?
The Cat in the Hat!
13. How many names does "Six Dinners Sid" have?
He has 6 different names! Do you know them?
14. Where does "The Mousehole Cat" live?
15. Who wrote "Swallows & Amazons"?
a. A.A. Milne
b. Enid Blyton
c. Arthur Ransome
16. Who are the "Amazons"?
a. Vicky & Susan
b. Nancy & Peggy
c. Uncle Jim & Mother
Nancy & Peggy!
17. What do the children in "Swallow & Amazons" called Uncle Jim?
a. Captain Flint
c. Long John Silver
18. In "Swallows & Amazons" what do the children called lemonade & ginger beer?
b. Fizzy fizz
19. Which country does "Asterix" come from?
20. Why does Obelisk have super human strength?
a. He eats spinach
b. He fell into a magic potion cauldron
c. His Mum is a Goddess
He fell into a cauldron full of super strength magic potion!
21. Obelisk has a pet dog. What is his name?
22. What does Asterix give to the Britons?
23. What is the Druid called?
24. Who has a purple crayon?
25. Read this BFG quote.
" Titchy little snapper whippers like you should not be higgling around with an old ...... & onions like me."
What is the missing word?
Weeeeeee that was fun!
20-25 Wow you are a Sparkly Star!
15-20 Wow you are a Gold Star!
Under 15 Wow you are lucky you have so many books to read!
Part Two coming soon......Byeeeeee!
LEARN CREATE SHARE
Thanks for reading!
Copyright May 2017 www.brigidsenglishcenter.com